Disability Access & Inclusion
Do not insult a person who is deaf or put a stumbling block in front of someone who is blind. (Leviticus 19:14)
We want everyone to feel welcome at Temple Isaiah. If you have questions about disabled access to our buildings please contact us. We would be happy to tell you more about our facility. If you do not see the information you are looking for on this page you are encouraged to let us know.
Parking and Outdoor Pathways
- Clearly indicated reserved parking spaces for disabled persons near the entrance to each building on our campus.
- All sidewalks have curb cuts.
- All pathways are well lit and maintained.
Temple House/Main Office Building
The Temple House building houses our administrative, clergy, and senior staff offices, Adult Lounge, Gift Shop, Library, Youth Lounge, and classrooms 301-302.
- Main level wheelchair entrance via ramp.
- Basement/Youth Lounge entrance via ramp or lift.
- Fully accessible library with titles available in multiple formats, including DVDs, Music CDs and books on tape.
- Accessible gift shop.Call ahead for hours and shopping assistance (925) 284-4933.
Talmud Torah Center/Religious School Building
The Talmud Torah center houses Gan Ilan Preschool, our Religious School Classrooms 101-205, and the Beit Knesset
- Ground level entrance via wide doorways.
- Upper level entrance via elevator.
- Beit Knesset and classrooms have flexible seating arrangements.
- Tree nut and peanut-free building.
The Sanctuary Building houses our Sanctuary, Social Hall, Oneg Room, Bride’s/Family Room, and Kitchen.
- Wheelchair access to the building through wide doorway at west entrance.
- Microphones and podiums are accessible.
- Private disabled access restrooms available.
- Flexible seating in Social Hall and Oneg Room
In the Sanctuary and During Worship
- Wheelchair seating in Sanctuary
- Handrails and wheelchair access ramp leading up to Bima.
- Assistive listening devices available upon request. Ask an usher for assistance.
- Large print prayer books available.
- Wide aisles between pews.
- Kippot and tallitot are available at a wheelchair accessible level.
- Private family room with disabled access restroom and closed circuit television display of services.
- High holiday services are broadcast on cable television in Contra Costa county. Check your local listings, or call our office for information